7.02.2010

Mmmm.... cake.

DSC_0020
Hello and happy Friday! What do you guys have planned for The Fourth? I am going to a bbq at my brother's house, we have friends visiting, and a drum corps show on the fifth! I am so excited! Okay, on to the card! I made this card with Bake Me A Cake and some Girl's Paperie paper. Isn't that paper just all sorts of pretty?

DSC_0022
Many people ask me: "What are those squiggly lines in Bake Me A Cake?" They are frosting! Here is a good example where you can just stamp it for the frosting effect. Another idea would be to stamp the line and then color above it to have, say, chocolate frosting! Super fun! After I stamped and colored with my copics, I went over the whole panel with antique linen Distress Ink to help it match the Girl's Paperie paper. Antique linen ink over Copic coloring looks really cool in person! It really gave this ethereal kind of look! I will definitely be trying it again! :)
Card stock: Neenah, Papertrey
Patterned paper:
Girl's Paperie
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (bake me a cake)
Ink: Memento, Ranger Distress Ink
Etc: Copics, Ranger ink blending tool and foam
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,

20 comments:

  1. Very sweet card. Love the colors and the beautiful paper. The antique linen Distress Ink looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl this is fab! I really have to buy some copics and start coloring. I just love how it looks! Have an awesome 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How yummy looking! Fun fun card! Hope you have a wonderful 4th! I'm just planning on relaxing and catching up on housework - boring, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks divine! Love the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is loverly and I just hearted you in flickr :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! We'll just hang out at home. I'm hoping the rain stops and we'll be able to go watch a Fireworks show. I think I might get some crafting in too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuteness! I just got my LF cake stamps--thanks for the inspo! And Happy Fourth to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute, looks so good with that pp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card and the paper choices and the coloring. Maybe we will see a video on your copic coloring in the future.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this card! I've made a few cards with Bake me a cake but have only posted one of them so far. It's a fabulous set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, now that cake looks fantastic, and really great idea. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want this stamp set!!! It's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card kelly marie! So... when will we see a video including copics?? I've bought, 'invested in' I should say, a few (6 so far) and when I use them...well let's just say it doesn't look like when u do! Could use some tips ;). Ps I am dying for the sneaks Monday. Got a cart just waiting to finalize! Love ur stamps...and ur blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I smell CAKE! ;) Love this card...so colorful! And that cake image...FABULOUS! Is that one of your designs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute and cheerful! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the yummy colors on the cake and the quilted background! super sweet card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card Kellie I love your frosting marks! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm is right! Love this so much!! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)