2.07.2010

SPCC #34

Hi! Welcome to another SPCC challenge! These week's colors are super fun!
Make sure you check out the SPCC site to see this week's prize, inspiration from the other design team members, and Mr. Linky so you can input your card!
I was inspired by Studio Calico's art piece in their booth that I saw at CHA (here is a pic), Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger and CPS's sketch when I made this card. I definitely took some liberties with the sketch, but the inspiration was there! :)

I punched out hearts of different sizes and patterned papers and lined them up on my card. I didn't even apply adhesive, I just ran it through the sewing machine and it worked!
I tied a bow at the end with my thread and rounded all but one of the corners. I also rolled the edges of my hearts up some for dimension. I have to say that sewing is fun, especially when it not being straight makes the card look cooler! haha! :)
Card stock: Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (nutmeg, earth love), Basic Grey (wisteria)
Stamps: Hero Arts (all occasion messages)
Ink: Color Box fluid chalk (warm violet)
Etc: EK Success heart punches, Fiskars corner rounder, Sewing machine and thread
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

25 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Kelly!! I especially like the colors and patterns of each heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This has been going through my mind too (with different paper)- maybe it was the trigger? It looks as great as I imagined!! :)
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NEVER ever sewed on a card, but now I really, really want to! As usual, this card is absolutely adorable, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the sewing thing! Cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card!! Love the cluster of hearts, and the fun colors you used!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is DARLING. its always fun to take liberties with the CPS sketch. . .sometimes my cards hardly end up looking like the sketch at all!!! :) your work is all BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card. I love how you stitched right across all the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I really like the stitched hearts - makes me want to dust my sewing machine off! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card...I just started sewing on my cards and now I cant stop :) the sewing is a great touch to your card :).

    Thank you for the nice comment you left on my card today :)

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the way that you sewed across the hearts - simple and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the stitched hearts - who cares if you took liberties if you can create a card this FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take...the bright hearts and cute design are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kelly Marie! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sewing is a FAB addition. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute! love the DPs you chose :D and the great rounded edges!!
    - Shauna {SP Diva}

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO cute, Kelly! I love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE it Kelly Marie! That stitching ROCKS!
    Robbyn - SP Dvia

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card...looks great!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great card! I LOVE how you've done the stitching, fab! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely card!!!
    I like the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm soooo behind in looking at my favorite blogs.

    Love, love, love the stitched hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)