1.05.2010

may your dreams soar

Hello! I made this card very loosely based off of this week's 2S4Y sketch.I mirror-image flipped the sketch in my mind and used the charm as one of the "blocks".
The charm is one of Tim Holtz's acrylic pieces that I colored with alcohol inks, stamped on and then backed with text stamped paper. I just love making these things! So fun! I am still loving the Versamark on kraft look and of course that gorgeous American Crafts ribbon that I want to wear!
Well, I am off for a much needed haircut! I have crazy bird nest hair!
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (ever after)
Stamps: Hero Arts (flourish background, decorative blossoms), Papertrey Ink (background basics text style)
Ink: Versamark, Archival
Alcohol ink: Ranger
Rub-on: Basic Grey
Ribbon: American Crafts
Twine: Papertrey Ink (rustic cream)
Punch: Stampin' Up (scallop border)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

20 comments:

  1. Oh can you get a hair cut for me too because I'm in serious need of one too!

    Cute card girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you made the dandelion charm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That charm is lovely, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    Absolutely adorable card. Love the color combo and the charm!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Lovin' the charm. Been wanting to make some of those, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Kelly! Is that your handwriting?! It's so nice! I like that color combination a lot. A fun interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really lovely card, love the little details that don't jump out at you but subtly enhance the beauty. The charm is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, it is so clean and beautiful, just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so enjoying seeing fresh and bright and non-dark non-Christmas card. The sentiment is a nice transition...the charm is sweet...and the twine is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea...love the acrylic piece, very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, bright, and happy as always! :) So glad you played along with 2S4Y this week, Kell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous... I love your charms... they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Kelly! :) Very, very pretty! Love the stamped acrylic piece and how it makes such a beautiful focal point on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)