5.02.2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #4

I am not sure why I am up right now. It is 2 am, and my show is tomorrow morning. My husband fell asleep on the living room floor and is snoring. I think I made something like 15 cards today. I've never made so many different cards in one day. It must be the adrenaline. I guess that is what is keeping me awake. I am excited for tomorrow! Please send out "no rain" vibes for me! :)

Okay, on to the challenge. I just can't keep myself from doing these! I guess it's a healthy addiction ;).

Aren't these colors gorgeous?! Okay, on to the card!
I used aqua mist card stock from PTI. It is so gorgeous in real life. It is one of those colors that it really hard to capture on camera.
I stamped the spots and dots background in brown ink, and I also inked the edges in brown ink. The brown scallop was cut with a nestability. The white ribbon is really pretty. I think I repurposed it from a gift. Yay for recycling!
I colored the cupcake holders an aqua mist color. They cupcakes have a brown icing on them that I covered in crystal effects to give it a chocolaty feel. The glossy-ness doesn't photograph well. It's really not that dark in real life. 
I white heat embossed the happy birthday sentiment. It can get a little lost in the busy background, but because I embossed it, the shinyness helps it stand out.
The final card. Oh, how I wish I had some cupcakes right now. Good thing I live in LA: the land of cupcake and tart yogurt shops!

Thanks so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie

12 comments:

  1. What a great card, Kelly Marie - wish I could make such a cute card after midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors on this card :-)

    Good luck at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes late night stamping is the best! I love this sweet card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2AM, huh? Maybe I should get up and start stamping when I can't sleep -- your card is beautiful! Sending "No Rain Wishes" your way ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background and the delicious homemade dsp. Fabulous job on the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable. I cannot wait to hear about your trunk show. I hope your weather is pleasant. We've had an unexpectedly nice day here in Indy, but I'm inside painting. I need some time in the craft room... I'm having withdrawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No rain, no rain, no rain . . . . :) The card is gorgeous! You're going to post the others you made, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the patterned paper! I'm a night owl too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card! I love the CE on the icing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful -- LOVE the background stamp--

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this card! The cupcakes are so cute! I am really loving these colors she picked too! I am guilty of staying up late many a time too! I guess I like to create when the house is quiet and the kids are sleeping, it's my winding down and quiet time! :-) Thanks for your sweet comments on my card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know what I just figured out? I LOVE these challenges because they often have chocolate brown in them. hehe.

    I'm still in love with pink and brown. Too bad there's no more wedding to use it for. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)