4.30.2009

Color Inspiration Challenge #50

Another color challenge!! Woo!!

This challenge was HARD for me! I definitely used more layers and general stuff than I normally do. It was also my first time using chipboard! Chipboard is fun! Must.Get.More.


The colors:
brown - cone, felt ribbon
red - swiss dot embossed label frame, cherry
yellow - grid embossed label, polka dots on white ice cream scoop
turquoise - dotted background on card base, ice cream scoop
white - card base, ice cream scoop, polka dots on turquoise ice cream scoop, grid on cone, stitching on ribbon


This card has so much going on. That grid background is a CHF stamp that is so cute. The felt ribbon is awesome! I painted the chipboard by running ink pads across the chipboard. I also added crystal effects to the cherry to make it look more like a cherry. I tried to use grid and polka dot textures in different ways: ink, dry embossing, heat embossing. It was good for me to try all of these new things!

Alright, I have so much work to do. It is definitely a transition figuring out this new job!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie

7 comments:

  1. I really love this card (and all of your other cards too)! I just found your blog and wanted to say how much I love your stuff! I just recently started to do papercrafts, and I am really inspired by your projects! Thanks for blogging!
    -Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly Marie, this is so cute! I love the little ice cream cones with the cherry, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job with the challenge. This card is adorable! The crystal effects on the cherry is the perfect touch!

    Hope you got some rest the other night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kelly! deberas me encanta esta tarjeta! el helado esta fantástico (soy fanatica de los helados y de las cupcake :D) preciosa la card! Suerte seguramente seras una de las elegidas :)
    Besos
    Agus

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy card ... love the embossing on the ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and yummy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! I love all the coordinating textures and patterns on this card. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)